Thanks to misstatejones for liking my blog enough to present it with The Versatile Blogger award!! The requirements for this blog reward are to recognize the blog who gave you the award in a post, write 7 things about myself that others may not know, and then nominate another 15-20 blogs for the award. I don’t know if I can nominate that many blogs since I’m not out there reading blogs as much as I used to, but I’m going to give it my best shot. So here it goes….
7 Things About Me
1. Cell phones are a pet peeve of mine. I dislike being in a restaurant and hearing a phone ring and then the person answer it and talk very loudly. Excuse me, I went out to get away from home with distractions, so let me enjoy my meal in peace. Even worse is anyone who drives while on the cell phone!! Don’t tell me you can’t pull off the road and NOT hit me or wait until you get where you’re going to make that call.
2. I wear reading glasses ONLY!!
3. I’m the sports fan in the house, although I’ve turned Miss K onto certain sports. I’m a Dale Jr. fan and I don’t care how long it takes him to win his next race. I’m also a born and bred Green Bay Packers fan. So much so, that my blood flows green and gold!! I also enjoy college football and follow several different teams. I’m not into many other pro sports, but I do keep up with the Milwaukee Bucks and the OKC Thunder in basketball and the Texas Rangers and Milwaukee Brewers in baseball.
4. Everyone that reads my blog knows that I teach a religion class. Most don’t know how I got my position though!! The DRE put an ad for a volunteer religion teacher in the church bulletin and I spent 2 weeks reading it over and over. I knew her pretty well because Miss K was enrolled in classes. However, I didn’t think she’d even be interested in me being a catechist. I was finally encouraged to ask her, although I was sure after that amount of time that the position was filled. Low and behold, when I asked her she yelled and said “YES, I’d love to have you” and I asked if the position wasn’t already filled and she said “it is NOW” (or something to that effect)!! I’ve been doing it ever since and haven’t looked back….it was meant to be.
5. I was a good student in school and even took some AP (advanced placement) classes.
6. I dislike cats very much!! It doesn’t matter where we’ve lived, but especially here, cat owners are horrible and so are their cats. My dogs potty in our own yard, but cats around us always find our yard and dig up my plants or potty all over our yard. They also deposit flees that we fight every year.
7. I very much want a 1977 black Pontiac Trans Am. Yes, I’m referring to the Smokey and the Bandit TA!!
Blogs Nominated for The Versatile Blogger
1. Bethanne Strasser – She’s a frequent commenter of my blog and I see her “chat” mostly on Twitter
2. Training Happy Hearts – Martianne is a member of my Christian group and shares amazing stuff on her blog
3. My Life: Part II – J. Fabulous is a commenter on my blog and shares the trials of weight loss surgery and life on their blog
4. Cat Patches – Barbara has a blog about quilting, life and hosts a great photo meme called Foto Finish
5. My Shae Noel – Shauna is an ex-member of my educational group and a great online friends that shares printables and more on her blog
6. Under the Loupe – Annette is a Aussie blogger and jewelry designer and I’ve kept up with her forever
7. Montesorri Tidbits – Leann has a great Montessori-based homeschool blog
8. Our Little Man – Stephanie is a mom that has a special little man and I just love seeing what they’re up to
9. Creative Learning Fun – Elizabeth is homeschooling mom of a special little girl and she shares tons of free materials
10. Seeds of Knowledge – The blog of a wonderful kindergarten teacher, Jenea, that shares tons of ideas, printables, and more
I think that about covers it!! If I come up with more blogs, I’ll just add them to this list. I’m so honored that misstatejones nominated me for this blog award. It means so much to me and I’m thrilled that my materials are getting out there and being used!!
Please click here to vote for my blog….thanks!!